Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chapter 17

*Pretty sure I have the best readers in the world! Thanks for bearing with me and my tiny rant that I let the whole world see. I just needed to get that out there to see if I really did have readers. So thanks for that. Enjoy this one. Not very long, but it will come, I promise :)*


I woke up that morning to an empty apartment. Max must have left for practice. I just looked through my packed bag and put on a pair of dark jeans and a white v-neck t-shirt. I still didn’t know what to do. Without him, it seemed like my life was out of order. I missed him, simply put.

He would have been at practice too, so there was no point in trying to call him. I sat on Max’s couch and flipped through the channels, contemplating what I should do, I wasn’t even paying attention to the tv.

I heard the door open and Max emerge. I just smiled and he responded back with a smile.

“I’m surprised you’re still here” he said.

“I don’t know what to do anymore” I sighed, “I miss him, but if I go back, I’m just paranoid that something like this could happen again”

“Just so you know, he wasn’t in his right mind at practice today. Something was off”

I just swallowed a lump in my throat. He was in pain because of me. But I was in pain because of what he did to me. I need to talk to him, it hasn’t even been that long and I’m going insane.

“I need to talk to him” I said grabbing my keys. He just looked at me and I smiled, “Max, thank you for letting me stay here, I’ll be back for my stuff”

He just wrapped his arms around me and I kissed him on the cheek, “see you soon”

“Go get him”

I put the keys in the ignition and listened as the car came to life. I sped through the streets finally arriving at the place I called home for so long. I almost ran to the door, unlocked it and ran up the stairs. The door was slightly open, I quietly pushed it open and I saw Kris and the back of a tall blonde. You have got to be kidding me.

“What the fuck is this?” I snapped.

“Julie…”

“So this is her?” I heard the blonde say, who I knew as Kate.

“This is me” I replied, “why is she here?”

“Because you dumped him”

“I left him because of you!”

“Well either way, he’s with me now” she said wrapping her arm around him.

He pulled away, “that is not why you’re here”

“Then why is she?”

“Because I’m trying to tell her it’s over and done”

“Is that right?”

She just nodded and my stomach immediately filled with knots. He was dumping her. How do I know that on his next road trip he won’t just go and do this again with another girl he randomly meets?

“You need to go” he said. She just huffed, turned on her heel and was out the door.

I stood there staring at him. I had no idea what I was supposed to say or do. My heart started racing every second he moved closer to me. He just pulled me into a hug unwillingly. After a minute I decided to wrap my arms around him. I had to admit, it felt good.

“I’m sorry”

“I don’t believe you”

He just sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

“But it doesn’t mean I soon will…”

He just looked at me with a confused expression and I just looked down at the ground.

“I want you back, more than you’ll know, but you have to earn my trust back Kris. And if this happens again, don’t expect another chance. I will actually leave”

“I’ll take that”

“Ok then, let’s see if we can make this work”

A huge smile spread across his face and I couldn’t help but smile back. I don’t know how this will turn out, but I can’t live my life without him, and this is all I can do right now. I don’t know if he deserves this, but I need him.

5 comments:

  1. oh wow the two girls meet!
    Glad they are back together tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope that he means what he told her and doesnt mess up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh we meet the evil kate! I hate her! lol

    Glad they're getting back together! I hope it all works out, love love love this story!! its my favorite one out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOO Glad they're back together! :)
    I hope things smooth back out to being normal again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh... we've seen kate... I wonder if we'll see her again...

    ReplyDelete