Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Chapter 7

We spent the entire afternoon shopping, well it was more like trying stuff on but not buying it. We tried on dresses that were--well…let’s just say we couldn’t afford. It was a blast.

Kris texted me and I laughed as I texted him back.

“Excuse me?” she said holding up a cute white blouse.
“What?” I said.
“Do you like it?” she asked, “for the millionth time”
“I’m sorry” I said, “I got distracted”
“I can tell” she said setting it down.
“I’m sorry” I said again.
“It’s ok, I’d be the same way” she said nudging me.

I just laughed. “What’s he saying?” she asked.
“Nothing, he’s on his way back, we’re going out later”
“Well what am I supposed to do?” she muttered crossing her arms.
“Um…I don’t know” I replied, “you can chill at the apartment, keep shopping, you’ll figure something out”
“Fine” she sighed.
“It’s only a few hours” I said, “we technically haven’t really had a “date” yet” I said.
“Oh, well you could have said that” she said.
“Sorry” I laughed.
“Well, don’t you think we need to find you a cute outfit then?” she exclaimed.
“Ok” I simply said.
“Well let’s go!”

We shopped around and found nothing. I guess it needed to be perfect. Finally, our last stop, maybe something would come up.

I looked through some of the dresses and found the perfect one. A white short sleeved dress with black flowered patterns.
“Jules!” she said, “it’s cute, go try it on. Now!” she pushed me into the dressing room.

I put it on and looked in the mirror. I was a bit sceptical but came out to show Ally.

“It’s perfect!” she said, “you just need to dress it up a bit”
“With what?” I asked looking down at it.
“Well, a cute jacket of some kind” she said looking around.
I started looking when she came up with a cute black cropped jacket.
“Ok, I am going to freeze in that” I said.
She picked up a nearby scarf. “You’ll survive”.

I paid and drove back home.

“You ok?” she asked.
I was a bit spaced out, nervous to be honest.
“What?” I said stopping at a red light.
“You know it’s going to go well” she said, “I mean you’re both already in love with each other”
“Yah I know, I guess it’s just the whole idea of a “first date”” I said, “man, I sound like I’m 16”
“It’s normal” she said as the light changed, “you just need to relax, you know him, you love him, don’t make it harder than it needs to be”
“Thanks love” I said stopping at the apartment.
“It’s what I do” she said stepping out of the car.

I took a glance in the other direction and saw Kris’ car. “Oh, he’s here already”
“Does he have a key?” asked Ally.
“No, he doesn’t” I replied, almost to myself.

I went in and saw Kris sitting on the floor of the hallway in front of the door.
“What are you doing?” I laughed.
“Thought you were here” he said.
“Well, did you not clue in when my car wasn’t here?” I replied.
“Didn’t look” he shrugged.
“You would do that” I joked.
“Haha” he laughed sarcastically.

We went in and I set my stuff down.

“Whatcha buy?” he asked snooping.
“Not telling you” I said pulling the bag away, “it’s a surprise”
“For me?” he joked.
“Well, it’s just my outfit for dinner tonight”
“I see” he said.
He tried looking in the bag again.
“Kris!” I laughed grabbing the bag again.
“Sorry!” he put up his hands in defence.

I just laughed at him. “So what are we doing tonight?” I asked.
“Surprise” he simply said.
“Fine then” I huffed.
He just laughed.

Kris left and went to his hotel to change. I immediately took a quick shower and let my hair curl. I put on my dress along with a onyx bead necklace and a pair of black flats. I put on some eyeliner and mascara. A bit of blush and lip gloss.

“Too cute” she gushed.
I just laughed, “Thanks”.

I grabbed my jacket and scarf and Kris was just coming in.

“You look beautiful” he said.
“Thank you” I smiled, “you look pretty good yourself”.
He was in a pair of dark jeans an untucked dress shirt and a light jacket over it.
He just smiled.

“I’ll see you later Ally”
“You two have fun!” she said as we went out the door.

“So where are we going?” I asked.
“You’ll see” he said.
I just looked at him.

“Trust me” he said putting out his hand.

I smiled. I trusted him. I took his hand.

3 comments:

  1. awww :]
    her outfit sounds gorgeous!
    can't wait to hear about the date with kristopherrrr! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. awa i just started reading your story && i love it.
    great chapter! can't wait for the next one (:

    ReplyDelete