Friday, June 19, 2009

Chapter 6

It was Christmas time. Kris and I, were still working on things, honestly nothing was official yet. We knew being away from each other was going to be difficult. I just knew I was crazy about him.

I was at my apartment waiting for him to get here. I was really anxious, I hadn’t seen him in a while. This was going to be the last time he would see me for another two months, he had a break so he came to visit me.

As soon as he walked in the door, my heart skipped a beat. Everything about him made me weak. His eyes, the way he walked, talked, the way he said my name. There is just no way I could live without him.

I gave him a huge hug as he came in.

“You look beautiful” was the first thing he said.
I was in sweats and one of his old oversized t-shirts I never gave back to him.
I just laughed, “I missed you”
“I missed you too. But we need to talk”
“About what?” I asked. My heart sunk, I was thinking of everything negative that could come out of his mouth.
“Don’t worry” he said taking my quivering hand, “I think it’s time we talk about where our relationship is going. I know it’s a bit random, me just coming here and all, but I have been thinking a lot lately”.
“Yah me too” I replied with a sigh of relief.
“Jules, I want this to be me and you” he said.
“Me too” I smiled.
“Nobody else”
“I couldn’t have anyone else. And I know it‘s sounds cheesy, but I really could NOT love anyone else”
He just smiled and wrapped me in a huge hug.

I was one of the happiest women in the world at that moment. Nothing could burst my bubble.

I walked into the kitchen to get a drink. Before I could grab a glass, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me in. I just smiled as I turned to face him. I don’t know how someone like him could have possibly fell, well, for someone like me.

I rested my forehead against his. I stared at him, no words would come out. It was like my voice was trapped inside of my throat. Every time I looked into his eyes, my mind went blank.

I moved back and leaned against the wall, my eyes stayed on him. His eyes stayed on me. He was about a foot away from me at least. It was way too quiet. He moved closer and grabbed my hand. I inhaled a shaky breath as his eyes met mine again. I was freaking on the inside. He could tell something was wrong.

“What’s wrong?” he asked quietly. I still couldn’t say a word. I tried to say something but it’s like everything was stuck. He finally, slowly, took another step towards me and had me between him and the wall. He stared deep into my eyes before placing a soft kiss on my lips. He was the only thing keeping me from falling over because of my nervousness.

“You need….to get going” I breathlessly said. It’s almost like he forgot everything that was going on.
“What?”.
“You told me you’re visiting family” I said chuckling, “get knocked in the head too many times?”.
He just chuckled and wrapped his arms around my waist, “well, that wasn’t very nice”.
“Just joking” I laughed.
His face got serious again, “I love you Julie” he said just above a whisper.
“I love you too Kristopher” I replied.
His lips touched mine ever so gently but it didn’t last.
“You’re right, I better go” he said.
“Alright, call me later” I said.
“I will” he smiled and softly kissed me again, “bye”.

I sat down on the couch and turned on the tv. I turned it down to the lowest level, and grabbed my laptop. Just as I was turning it on, my phone rang.

“Al, hey” I answered.
“I have a surprise for you” she said, she sounded excited.
“Ok. What is it?” I asked curiously.
“Well, I need you to go to your door” she said.
“Ok?”
“Open it”
I was getting very confused. I opened the door and I saw my best friend standing there amidst a few travel bags.
“Ah!” I screamed jumping on her.
“What’s goin on!?” she said.
“Nothing! You flew in even though you’re crazy busy with work!?”
“I had to see you!” she said, “I missed you way too much”.
“Aw” I said hugging her again.
“Oh wow, I should probably help you inside” I laughed.

I grabbed a couple bags and dropped them inside the door.

“If I had known you were coming…I may have tidied up a bit” I said biting my lip.
“Don’t worry about it” she laughed, “we lived together remember?”
I just stuck my tongue out her as she sat on the couch.
“So, how’s it going with the French-Canadian boy?” she said smirking.
“Well, I’m more in love with him than I thought I could be, with anyone” I said sitting down.

She just smiled at me.

“What?” I said.
“I have news”
“Ok?” I raised an eyebrow.
“Well, I was working late in the office a few weeks ago” she began, “I was coming down to the car and my hands were full. I could barely see anything in front of me and ran into someone. I kept apologizing and he kept saying it’s ok and helped me pick up my stuff. I finally looked up at him, and an immediate connection, two blue-grey eyes stared right at me, Brooks Orpik”
I squealed.
“Let me finish” she said, “he started to apologize and helped me stand up. He offered to take some things and walked me to my car. A few days ago we met again and he gave me his number and asked me out to dinner before the game the next day. I, of course, agreed, and well, here we are”
“Aw, that’s so cute!” I smiled.
“I thought so” she said shrugging a shoulder and smiling.
“I’m happy for you”
“Thanks” she smiled, “so where is you’re love?”
“Visiting family” I said, “he will be back tonight”
“Cool, did you want to do something?” she asked.
“Sure” I said smiling, “let me change”

I changed into a pair of ripped jeans, a vintage, black, Beatles t-shirt and a pair of flip flops. I left my hair and put on some blush and lip gloss. I grabbed my coat and scarf.

“Shopping?” she simply said.
“Yes, let’s” I said linking arms.

1 comment:

  1. aww yayyy an update :]
    kris is so goddamn perfect.
    loved this chapter!

    ReplyDelete