Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chapter 5

I got a job working as an assistant medic for the Montreal Canadiens. I’ve been here for the rest of last season and through three months of this season. I really like it here. I haven’t seen Kris since that day at his apartment. We kept in touch but it eventually faded away.

I sat in my apartment taking another quick look at the schedule. The Penguins were in town, my stomach got knots. His face ran through my mind again. The kiss in the dressing room flooded my mind. I was doing just fine, seeing him again…?

I was at the rink that morning getting ready for the afternoon game. The Penguins were using it for a morning skate. I looked quickly but couldn’t spot Kris. I shrugged it off and made my way to the other dressing room. I felt my phone vibrate as I was on my way. I had a text from Ally. I was responding back as I ran into someone’s chest. I looked up and saw I was looking into very familiar eyes, Kris. I backed up immediately.

“Kris…” I quietly said.
“Jules…” he said.
“I didn’t expect to see you, well I guess I expected to see you, but I didn’t expect to be this close…I mean…I’m going to stop now”
He just laughed, “I didn’t know you were with Montreal now”
“Yah” I simply said.

It was silent. Just being near him, even after all this time, drove me to distraction. Everything inside of me was screaming for him, but nothing would come out. I was still in love with him.

“Kris, I--” I was cut off by his coach yelling for him to get going.
“Maybe I will talk to you after” I said walking by him.
Our arms gently brushed as I passed him. Even if it was subtle as that, he still gave me goosebumps. I turned around to say something but he was already gone. I just sighed as I got to the dressing room.

Montreal won the game 5-2, the Penguins didn’t play very well. There were no injuries to report which is the good thing. I packed up my stuff as I got ready to head home. I always tended to be the last one out of there. Surprisingly, so did Kris.

“Oh, hi” I said passing him.

He just smiled at me. No words. I just sighed and kept walking. All of a sudden I heard something hit the floor and his hand grab my arm.

“What are you doing?” I asked.

He didn’t say anything he just gently pushed me against the wall.

As much as I was in love with him, everything was telling me not to go there. Until his lips touched mine. I’ve kissed him before, but this time it was different, this kiss was going to change everything. He pulled back leaving me wanting more.

“So?” I said.
“So…” he said.

I love you, you idiot, from the moment I laid eyes on you, and even now, I still do, even after nine months you still make me weak in the knees

I could have said it, but I didn’t, nothing was coming out.

“Jules?” he said.
I did all that I had the energy to do, I grabbed his face and kissed him. As my arms wrapped around his neck, I couldn’t let go, but he eventually did.
“Wow” he said.
“Kris, I love you” I said quickly.
He just stared. My mind raced with possible things that he may say next. I was terrified.
Then he inhaled. “I’ve been denying it for so long, when I kissed you in the dressing room, I was already falling, I constantly told myself, after seeing Jenny everyday that it meant nothing. But something finally snapped inside me and I couldn’t deny it any longer. But for some reason I couldn’t tell you, but Jules, I love you”
I was frozen. Trying to process the words that just came out of his mouth. Finally I said something.
“Wow. That was definitely not the response I was expecting” I said.
He just smirked, “so what now?”.
“I don’t care, as long as I finally have you”
He just smiled and gently kissed me.

Finally, he was in my arms and I didn’t have to worry about anyone or anything keeping us apart. Now, rather than dark and gray, my life was color again.

2 comments:

  1. OMG THIS TORY IS ADORABLE PLEEEASE UPDATE

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww loveddd it :]
    kris is adorable. his accent = amazing!
    more chapters coming?!
    <3

    ReplyDelete