Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chapter 2

The game against the Rangers was the same as any other game. I did my job like I always did and well, it was the same as always. Until the unexpected happened, Letang got a major high stick, just above the eye. The period was almost over so I was told to take him back and stitch him up.

“You ok?” I asked as I sat him down.
“I’m fine” he replied.
I just sighed and didn’t say a word. I grabbed my stuff and started to stitch him up.
“So how long have you been around here?” he asked.
“Um, since last year” I said, “When you started playing here”.
“Really?” he asked.
“Yah, really” I chuckled.

I finished stitching him up. As I leaned back I made eye contact with him and I swear there was this intense energy between us, I am pretty sure he felt it too. Two seconds later I pressed my lips on his. It lasted only a couple seconds but it felt longer. I pulled back and clued in to what just happened.

“Whoa, sorry” I said stepping back.
“Um, I better get ready for next period” he said avoiding the subject. Then we heard the second period ending.
I just nodded “Yes” as he got up and walked the other way.

I cleaned myself up constantly rewinding in my mind what I just did. I just kissed Kris Letang! I have never even spoken to the guy. What was I thinking? I just hope this doesn’t ruin anything, especially for him.

During the third period nothing major happened. One thing though was every time Letang would come back to the bench after a shift he would avoid making eye contact with me. I ruined everything. As if it wasn’t bad enough.

I sighed as the game ended. They won, so they were all pretty happy. I went into the dressing room and saw Letang, I did the best I could to keep my distance, but it was impossible. He came to me.

“Oh, hi” I said keeping my head down.
“About earlier, can we forget it happened?” he said.
“I guess” I said, “I’m sorry, I don’t know what came over me”
“Let’s just forget it happened and start over”
“Start over?” I asked looking up. I couldn’t understand how any man could be so beautiful.
“I’m Kris, and you are?” he said putting out his hand.
I just chuckled. “Julie”.
“Nice to meet you Julie” he said.
“You too”
“Well I suppose I will see you around”
“See ya later”

I just sighed and grabbed my stuff. I made my way back to the hotel room and sat on my bed. I texted Ally what happened and she couldn’t believe it. Then I told her it meant nothing to him. She just told me not to worry about it, if it’s not meant to be, it’s not meant to be. I agreed and told her I was going to bed.

I changed into a pair of sweats and a Penguins t-shirt. I climbed into bed and turned on the tv. There was nothing on and I got bored and turned it off. After a while I couldn’t sleep. I got up, put on a hoodie and took a walk down to the lobby. I sat outside and let my thoughts run. I couldn’t stop thinking about that moment. The kiss itself, the feeling, my heart pounding. I couldn’t get it or him out of my mind. Speak of the devil…he just came out.

He stood there with his hands in his pockets. He looked better than ever. His hair fell in his face in all the right places. Just him standing there practically took my breath away. I inhaled a shaky breath as I finally took my eyes off of him. He looked over and saw me.

“Julie?” he said.
“Couldn’t sleep” I simply said.
“I know the feeling”
“I should probably get back” I said standing up.
He hesitated. “Ok”.
I just half smiled and walked in the door.

I got on the elevator and started to ball. I was in love with him and he was never going to know. I honestly don’t understand how I let myself get into this mess. How was I supposed to face him without my heart skipping a beat. How was I supposed to walk by him and not stare? Can’t he tell I can’t breathe when I'm near him?

****
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
Why can't I speak whenever I talk about you
It's inevitable, it's a fact that we're gonna get down to it
So tell me
Why can't I breathe whenever I think about you
****

No comments:

Post a Comment