Thursday, May 21, 2009

Chapter 1

I took my spot behind the bench for another game. It was like every other day. I was an assistant medic for the Pittsburgh Penguins. I was only 21, I was gaining experience for the future. It was one of the best jobs I have had. I loved it here.

There was one thing I forgot to mention. I saw players constantly, and I was told I couldn’t date any of them, it was a rule. It was fine with me, until last year, when a new player came in, a French-Canadian defenceman by the name of Kristopher Letang. From the moment I saw him with my own two eyes, I have fallen head over heels. But here’s the thing, he barely knows I exist.

After another home game, against the Washington Capitals, which the Penguins won, I watched as they stepped off the ice. I smiled as Letang went by. He just looked over at me then back in front of him. I just sighed as another day ended.

When I arrived home to my 2 bedroom apartment in Pittsburgh, I saw Ally, my best friend, lying on the couch watching the Canucks late game.

“I saw the game” she said.
“Yah, it was a good one” I replied taking off my Penguins jacket.
She just sighed.“Why are you doing this to yourself?”
“You know what? The season is almost over, and when it is, I will be leaving Pittsburgh” I said.
She just shook her head and sat up. “I’m not going to say a word”.

The team was travelling to New York early in the morning so I was in bed pretty quick. I was up by three. It was basically a nap. I took a very quick shower and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans, black hoodie, flats and left my hair as it was. I grabbed my already packed bag and left quietly out the door.

The plane ride was agonizing. I hated flying with a passion. Even though I have been back and forth on them for quite a long time. We finally got into New York and I texted Ally to let her know I was here. We texted back and forth for a while. I decided to go grab something out of one of the vending machines in the hotel. I went down the hall, texting Ally. I wasn’t paying attention and ran into someone. I looked up and saw the darkest eyes, the most amazing eyes, they belonged to Kristopher Letang.

“Damn, sorry” I said.
“It’s ok” he smiled walking by.

I stood there watching him until he was out of sight. When his eyes met mine in that hallway, my heart almost jumped out of my chest. I texted Ally, and it didn’t seem like she was too interested. I just sighed as I sat down on my bed back in my room. “Still he feels nothing” I said to myself.

||I'm in and out of love with you
Trying to find if its really true
I can't stop the rain from falling
I can't stop my heart from calling you
Please Be Mine||

1 comment:

  1. I found this via a link on your video on youtube. Thought I'd check it out...

    ReplyDelete