Friday, January 29, 2010

Chapter 15

*I realized I needed some more drama in this :) I hope you guys like it..*



Kris and I were finally starting to work things out. We were growing closer, and the feelings I never thought could ever grow any stronger, did just that. I was in love. Head over heels in love, I wanted to marry him. Except he is the one who has the ring, I just hope he considers re proposing. I really felt ready this time, I just don’t know if he feels ready too.

They were playing a few games at home, so Kris was practicing a lot. I only got to see him late at night, if that. It really sucked, because I feel lonely without him around.

“Julie?” I heard him say.

“Hey” I smiled, it’s the first time I saw him home in a while.

“I need to tell you something” he said.

There was something in his voice, it made me nervous.

“What?”

“On our past road trip, we went out after a win…”

“And?” I asked. My hands were shaking.

“There was another girl”

I immediately stepped back and closed my eyes. Was I dreaming? Was this a sick joke? He seriously didn’t do that to me. He couldn’t have.

“Did you sleep with another girl?”

“No” he quickly said, “but there was a kiss…and it went a little far”

My heart felt like it was shattering. I couldn’t believe he did this to me. After everything we’ve been through. The forbidden relationship. The proposal. Calling off the proposal. When I got a new job in Montreal. I left Montreal, my job, for him. All for him and he does this to me.

I did all I had the energy to do, I slapped him. He just put his hand on his cheek and sighed.

“I deserve that”

“You deserve a bit more than that” I snapped, “I left my job for you Kris. All for you. And you turn around and cheat on me? You said you loved me…”

“I do love you”

“How do I believe anything you say anymore?” I said, eyes welling up with tears.

“I wouldn’t lie to you about that”

“Oh but you’ll go behind my back and makeout with some whore you’ve known for five fucking minutes. You proposed to me. I thought that meant something…”

“You’re the one who called it off!” he barked.

“Oh, don’t turn this on me” I replied, “You agreed we weren’t ready for that. Now, when I thought we were actually ready, and I even thought about telling you…I don’t think we’ll ever be ready if you can’t keep your hands off of other women…”

“Now you want to marry me?” he snapped.

“Yes Kris. Forgive me for waiting a little while…I only want what’s best for us, for you. All I wanted was you Kris. But it seems I’m not the only one you wanted…”

I walked to our bedroom and slammed the door behind me, locking it quickly. I heard him knock on the door but I didn’t respond to it. I heard him curse at himself and hit the wall. Tears were starting to fall as everything was starting to process in my mind. I never thought he could ever do something like this.

“Julie” he said quietly, “please let me in…”

“Fine” I huffed.

I unlocked the door and sat on the edge of the bed. He sat down beside me and took my hand but I pulled it away from his and moved over.

“I’m sorry” he simply said, “I had a few drinks, I wasn’t in my right mind”

“I guess you should have thought of that when you started drinking then…” I said standing up. I heard his phone vibrate on the bed. I beat him to it to see the name on the caller Id. Blocked number. I answered.

“Hello?”

“Hi, is Kris there?”

“Who is this?”

“Kate” she simply replied.

“You’re not talking to him” I snapped.

“Why?”

“Because I’m his girlfriend” I replied, “so just try and call again…”

I snapped the phone shut and threw it at him. I grabbed a suitcase out of the closet and started firing things into it.

“What are you doing?” he sighed.

“I’m going to go back to Montreal, try and see if they will give me my job back and get away from this city and from you”

“Why can’t we talk about this?”

“Because you were unfaithful to me Kris” I shrugged, “you gave a girl your number, you were with someone else while I sat at home, waiting for you, missing you…”

“But I love you Julie”

“I love you too Kris, but right now that’s not enough if I can’t trust you”

I finished packing quickly and grabbed my keys. Without saying another word to him I shut the door behind me and didn’t look back. I couldn’t go too far right now so I just drove to the apartment of the first person that came to my mind. Max. Who has been grown to be a loyal friend since I worked with the Penguins.

“Julie…” he said opening the door of his apartment.

“Hi…I had nowhere else to go” I sighed.

“Come in” he said moving away from the door, “what brings you here?”

“Kris cheated on me…”

5 comments:

  1. only god knows what this will lead too..

    i loved this chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! love the drama, but i do hope they get together! i love them sooo much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my!!!!!! I like the twist! this is crazy good writing though. I love it update ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I'm not one to leave comments but since you asked for them here I go. I really enjoy this story and this chapter. Hopefully Max is a good guy and they don't do anything dumb because she is hurt. Can't wait for the next chapter. I know it will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An update! And drama! How fun...

    ReplyDelete